Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Happy Holidays from Sunflower Studio!

It's Nut Puff day here at the homestead. I've been making these delightful little melt-in-your-mouth treats since I was sixteen years old. I ripped the recipe out of a Seventeen magazine in 1984 and have been torturing my family with them ever since.



Nut Puffs


1 c. butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 c. confectionary sugar
2 c. flour
1 c. ground, minced or chopped walnuts (depends on your own fancy how fine you do this)

*You'll need one additional cup of the confectionary sugar for later...

Combine butter and sugar, beat by hand until well blended. Add nuts. Add vanilla. Beat in flour. Shape in to small balls (approximately 1 1/2" in size) and place on a baking sheet about 1" apart. Bake them for 20 minutes at 325 degrees. Remove from baking sheet and while the lil' buggers are still are still warm do this: Put that reserved one cup of confectionary sugar into a brown paper bag and throw the puffs into the bag and give it a good shake. Be gentle, you don't want them breaking up because then you'd have to eat all those small parts by yourself! (eeek!)Anyway, shake the nut puffs to coat them with the confectionary sugar, remove them from the bag by using a slotted spoon.

Tah-Dah....Holiday Delight! This recipe makes 72 little pieces of heaven. I dare you to eat just one. I generally make two or three batches right before Christmas, any more than that and my waistline explodes.

Thinking of you my bloggy buddies. Have a great holiday, see you when it's over. *hug*

3 comments:

Brambleberry said...

You've convinced me. I'll make them in the morning! Thanks for the recipe.

Merry Christmas!!

Jessica Moreau Berry said...

WOWOZA! Those sound delish!

I have to tell you that I am loving all of your art work these days! Especially the pieces you made for your young friends at school!

Merry Christmas to you Dear-one! Will catch up to you after the holidays! So much going on here....so busy!

xoxoxxo

~Jes

Bella said...

what a yummy recipe thanx 4 sharing!

stopping in to say hello~

hoping you had an absoulutely beautiful Christmas!!

xo ~Bella