So in the art world I have been making books, painting with watercolors, doing contour line drawings and making home made cards amongst other things. I have lots of things going on in my head but have not been able to get them all down on paper.
I find that cramming forty plus hours of work a week is too time consuming. It's hard to come home and feel creative at 6 pm and your stomach is growling and the dirty dishes didn't wash themselves. Balance is needed and I am searching it out in a big way. It's find balance or quit working. This will be one tough choice!Just thought I'd toss in this pix of me and my two brothers at Easter. That's my older brother Randy on the left with the silly look. This is odd because he is one serious dude. No kidding. Real serious. His blue eyes can pierce you like well, anything that pierces I suppose. Brother number 2 is on the far right. That's Ron. Soft hearted and sweet. His eyes are just plain gentle. These two are good people who I admire and respect. They both are there for me, always in the nick of time.
And hey, that's me in the middle. Repeat after me: middle child syndrome. Do I look like I'm complaining? No way.
In other news:
- Roommate is having a birthday
- My mother is having her birthday
- My father & friend are traveling home from across the US. He's now officially one of those people who leaves the state for the winter and comes home only during golf season. Bless you, Dad and Doris!!
- Dan and Hill are enjoying spring and are living life high off the hog (What does that mean, anyway?)
- I am enjoying my job at the local farm center but am brewing other things in my head....I'm just trying to roll with the punches.
- Heartwood is done for the school year.
- I have been to three amazing art openings. That has been a real blast about this area. It is filled with galleries! I'm seeing some great work, it is so inspirational.
Happy Mother's Day to all and to all a good night! ...MUAH!