Tis the last days of what most school kids call summer. Being that I'm older now, I can readily see that the best part of summer is this month. September sits well with me. Mildly warm days follwed by crisp nights, the need for another layer, seeing my breath as little puffs of steam as I watch a field hockey game. Aaaah, the sweet days of September. And, oh, how about the sweet smell of the dry leaves falling. Beautiful. It transports me.
During August I kept busy in the studio. I was busier than ever actually. I really forced myself to make it there two and sometimes three times a week. It's thrilling to have that flow of creativity.
This mixed media piece is titled "You OTTO be in pictures". My grandpuppy is a beautiful blue weimeraner who always wears the goofiest look. Acrylic and pastels on watercolor paper was a comfortable fit.
This old apple tree and I are fast friends. I sat under her so many times. I find her spellbinding, the greens in this photo really capture her beauty. I am anxious to see her change of clothes for fall. Will she go yellow, orange, red? I can only guess.
Other news I should include here:
- I ordered a new camera, it should arrive today as a matter of fact. It's a Sony DSC-H50 10 megapixel beauty. I worked hard all summer, this was a treat to myself. I can't wait to get going with this.
- Art openings galore. Last weekend I attended the opening of "Critters Revisited" at the Gallery at Chase Hill, the sister shop of the Maine Art Gallery. The entire show was, well, critters (okay, animals). I find myself attracted to the really bold art and the more unusual pieces. Dorrie Koeller and Laura Balombini really interest me, find their links at the Maine-art.com site.
- I picked up Miss Muffet from California. She's here for the next 8 weeks or so. I couldn't be happier.
- Bandaloop is rockin. This is one busy place. I highly recommend that if you ever make it to Kennebunkport you try this organic, all natural eatery. Amazing atmosphere and phenomenal food. I am one tired waitress. Apparently we got written up in Downeast Magazine and it has had a huge effect on the restaurant.
- I discovered, with the help of a kind friend, Pandora.com Design your own radio station, I am in heaven.
- I bought four new art books and am having a blast digging in to some new concepts. I am becoming a fanatic sketcher. Here is one of many...
Okay, I've decided you don't need a rundown on my day to day, I'll just stop and say to you all that Maine is a great place to be. I start school today. Happy girl going to her happy place.
Take care and be well bloggy buddies.