A lovely and colorful close up.
Here's the other book I did last week. It's called a stitch binding. In this one you use ribbons and stitch around them and into the book signatures. Pure fun. I love this vintage looking fabric. I've had it for fifteen years or so. I keep scrapping it into smaller pieces so I can have it all over my house. I started a quilt those fifteen years ago that is STILL in process.
This is the inside of that small stitch book. I think I will handwrite some recipes into this pretty little thing.
Other creative endeavors from the week include:
- Wrote a short story to be posted soon
- Drew sketches for my final project in Book Arts
- Completed a canvas for a local art show
- Made a home display of this
- Did sketches in my sketchbook of patterns and played with design ideas
- Garnered some inspiration from Country Living magazine
- Wrote a children's story for illustration class
- Baked delicious banana bread
- Stirred up a hot batch of Red Soup
Wow! I sometimes do better than I realize. One thing I have really enjoyed about this whole CED is journaling my creative endeavors. I am keeping a book right near my alarm clock and before bed I made a gratitude entry and a creatactivity (did I use that right, Leah?). As I look back on my days I realize I have truly done alright!
In other life issues I am on the prowl for new & permanent digs. I am searching the mid-coast and southern coastal Maine area for my new home-sweet-home. This is big news for the girl who needs roots. Wish me luck and better yet, send a prayer my way as I listen to the wind for direction, keep my eyes peeled for the synchronicities and feel my belly quiver as I sense the timing is right. All of my senses are alive and eager to catch the next clue...
And have I mentioned the yummy seed catalogs making their way to my mailbox? OY!