Tuesday, June 19, 2007

My Little Secret

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

This made me laugh out loud today when I read it. It's funny what makes me laugh. I have a really unusual sense of humor that most people don't see. An employee told me today that he didn't realize this side of me until this morning when I nonchalantly walked up to him and buttered the back of his hand because it was resting next to my toast. People percieve me as uptight (translate this to "conservative"), this I don't understand. I feel silly and naughty most of the time, but I guess that's my little secret.

I think my strong creative imagination is what makes me get so deeply involved in my own sense of humor. Like that saying above, I instantly pictured a dragon holding a stick-straight human being and dipping it in ketchup and snacking with a little spittle coming from the dragon's lips. The scene just tickles me. Sick? maybe. Funny? to me, yes.

I laugh till I cry. I hiccup and lose my breath. I've almost passed out with deep laughter. Sometimes I fall. Many times I lay myself down so that I don't get hurt. I really do like a good laugh. NO~ I'm really not as uptight as you think, but that is my little secret.

4 comments:

Brambleberry said...

What a wonderful secret. :)

I laugh with my body, too. Usually laughter hits me hard, and my knees buckle. (Um. It's really graceful looking.)

LOVE the quote.

daisies said...

see from reading your words and not knowing you, i never would associate you with uptight, isn't that funny ~ i laugh in the same way only i also (and this is a secret to no-one who knows me in person) snort !! yes, its true, i am a snorter and when the quote first came up, i laughed so hard, i snorted ...

Melanie Margaret said...

I think it is so interesting how we see ourselves and how we want to be seen can be different from what people actually see.
Where is the misperception?
Or is that just the way it is?

Love your charms in the post above!

XO,
melba

Jen said...

cute...
never heard that one...it is funny;) A cartoon of your vision would be very "tasty"

I imagine that since you are the "Boss" someone might focus on that and see only that...

but I also imagine that it would not take long to figure out your "little secret" (hehe) if someone was out to get to know you...

I like your charms alot...just yesterday my sister-in-law regifted a necklace to me...well, it was with the blessing of the person who originally gave it to her...it is a simple, small necklace with several charms on it...two are small circles...like yours...one says, in very small print... "compassion" and the other "wisdom"...I gladly accepted the necklace :-)