Friday, March 23, 2007

Getting to Know You...Create a Connection






I took this from the Create a Connection Site yesterday. In case you're interested.
List 3 random facts about you, that we will be entertained by: I own a restaurant and motel in Central Maine, I totally love competitive sports and play women's fast pitch softball and field hockey, I own a cutie-pa-tootie black pot-bellied pig named Abby Rose, she is 3 years old!
List 2 things about you, that are important for us to know: 1) I recently divorced my husband of 20 years. Ammicable enough, but nonetheless sad and has completely sent me into a tailspin (more info at a later date) 2) My spiritual quest is important enough to me that it has affected my entire life including family relationships, friends, my art. Small Maine towns aren't receptive to alternative ways of thinking.
Do you like board games? Yes, someWhat are some favorites? Scrabble, because I love words. Monopoly because it is my daughters favorite. Yahtzee, easy to play. Pictionary!! But throw me a basketball and I'd love to shoot hoops with you.
What are your non-artistic hobbies? Gardening,oooh how I love my gardens. Sports because I have an urge to run all the time.
Do you collect anything? Do headaches count? I have two recent collections started: Couples dancing and spiritually moving items (photos, crosses, altar statuary)
What types of art do you enjoy creating the most? I love, love, love to sketch and draw but collage is gaining popularity with me. Sewing is great fun, too. And oh, scrapbooking.
Do you have a type of art that you've always wanted to try, but never done? What is it? I am dying to try jewelry making. I have sketches all done, ready to be made.
Do you have any art "how to" sites that you would recommend to us? What are they? No, I don't, but if you have some for me....


Oooooh, that was fun! I enjoy sharing, I do. My only worry about this whole blogging thing is how this does or possibly DOES NOT interfere with eliminating ego. If the ultimate goal is be rid of our egos so that we can see things clearly and be completely conscious, does all this talk about ME and I get in the way. This is a new quandry for me.

4 comments:

mormar said...

Oh my Gosh, I have been struggling with that same issue. Maybe not to the extent that you are. But definetly wondering if these blogs are self promoting. It is quite a lot about one's self. I am so glad that I see that someone else is questioning this.

Tam I Am said...

Denise~ glad you're thinking this way, too. My first thought is that as long as we are not doing the "I'm right. You're Wrong." kind of thing then maybe we're okay. If we are simply sharing to share, then that's a good thing. If we are learning, even better! I hope I am right about this. I'll keep seeking for the right answer.

Susan Tuttle said...

I enjoyed learning more about you--thanks for sharing!

To answer your question--I use a Nikon Coolpix 5700--thanks for your kind compliments!

Warmly,
Susan

Unknown said...

Woo Hoo!
I love that I have found a Maine blogger too.
You are now on my favorites.
I love your art too!